Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Cards and Ornaments

My cousin and husband are having their first baby....I made a card and envelope for her baby shower that her family had for the happy couple! ( I unfortunately will be sending a gift card because we are now living so far away.) I used a sketch/card design from Paper Crafts Magazine...Go to Sketches Vol. 1...p.55. Here is the inside I stamped and colored w/ water color pencils.Then I got busy on some card holders for the homemade ornaments that I made for an ornament swap with some friends at OSU. I made the enveopes to match.


The ornaments slide right inside into a slit that was cut right above the stamped greeting.

For the ornaments, I found in my stash some acrylic ones made by clear snaps. I embossed the greeting in gold. embossed the holly leaves w/ green and added bead berries. I used alcohol inks on the back very sparingly to highlight the sentiment. Tied ribbon and gold string to hang. Viola! Merry Christmas!!! Can't wait to see what the other gals have made! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment